Friday, January 7, 2011

As They Always Are...

Miles ... happy, adorable, and "S'miling"





Don't take me too seriously on that; even he has his moments. ;D

But he is, in general, a very smiley and happy boy! He's always jolly, though a little subdued, when he wakes up - even on those rare occasions when I have to wake him up from his long, 4-hour afternoon naps. : )

_____________________________________________

Little Tait ... as he always is...



...fixing something.









And, not so much as he always is (intense) - but adorable, just the same! :D His mouth is always messy when he's at Grandma's house though, as he is here. : )

I know they won't always be this way - small ... snuggly ... young ... demanding.... ;D

But I do hope they will always be curious, exploring, learning, and growing!

One of Tait's (and my!) huge passions is creating a lifelong love of learning in our children. We want them to understand that their learning won't end once their "formal schooling" is completed! We want them to constantly be studying new things, learning new things, and exploring new things ... just like they do now!

I'm realizing that my little guys are growing up - Little Tait graduated to a toddler bed last night (*tear*); he sorts silverware into the appropriate dividers when we empty the drainer, transfers laundry from the washer to the dryer (if I help him open the door, and if he doesn't get distracted with the light toggle button), and is learning to set the table. Miles has finally decided that maybe walking isn't such a dumb idea after all. And he's finally learning that his favorite pastime of pulling all of the tissues out of the box and stuffing them back in again ... isn't such a great idea.

I'm cherishing this time when they're small, and looking forward to a few months from now, when I'll be snuggling a newborn in addition to these two little monkeys!

1 comment:

Monica said...

What a great post!!!