Monday, April 4, 2011

Pictures: 27 Weeks Along ... 3 Weeks Late

Of course, now that I've finally gotten the chance to post these pictures from 27 weeks along with our 3rd little blessing ... they're 3 weeks late. : )

27 weeks is when our first little guy came, so I was curious how "big" I would be at that point this time around! I think I was a little smaller tummy-wise with our first, but actually a few pounds heavier than I am now. : )

Many thanks to my sister-in-law Esther for running out our front door and snapping these pictures for me on my camera! I did a little very quick editing, but she could have made them look much better with her super cool camera and mad editing skilz. : )









Me with my handsome oldest little guy!

We've made it past 30 weeks now!!! Because of the amount of mild contractions I'm having when I'm active, my doctor does want me to put myself on semi-bedrest like I did with Miles. In theory, that means no cooking, cleaning, laundry or shopping, and naps whenever possible. In practice, it means simplifying meals, streamlining and minimizing cleaning, sitting down while folding clothes, shopping very quickly without the boys or giving Tait a grocery list when he goes to town, and lying down on the couch for short periods of time if I start noticing too many contractions. Let's just say that any form of bedrest with a few little guys can be kind of difficult. :D

We'll be moving in with Tait's family soon for the next few weeks while our half-mile driveway is undrivable during breakup. Normally, we would just say here and walk in and out in the mud, but I'm definitely not supposed to be that active! It's hard to believe that we might not make it back into our home before the baby comes in just 6-7 weeks!

It will be nice to have help so close, but those will definitely be some busy weeks! One of Tait's sisters is due with her first baby in just 3 weeks, his other sister is getting married in just 5 weeks, and I'm due in just about 7! Life keeps moving!

We are so blessed with healthy rambunctious little guys, a comparatively smooth pregnancy so far, and helpful family and friends close by!

10 comments:

Monica said...

Glad things are going well. You are beautiful. You have a busy time ahead for sure with babies, weddings, etc. Welcoming a new baby is such a special time.

At the risk of sounding horribly ignorant...what is breakup?

Hillary Hipps said...

I love them!! You are so gorgeous and glowey! I am praying for y'all and will continue to do so =)

The Zimmerman Family said...

Hehe! Oops, Monica! I forget that not everyone knows the Alaskan lingo. ;D Breakup is when all of the snow melts in the spring. If roads are ungraveled (like our 1/2 mile driveway is), they turn into about a foot of sinky, sticky, gooey mud. They are very accepting of truck tires, but not quite as willing to let them go ... hence, the situation where we got 3 different trucks stuck last year, trying to get one of them out. We had to call in the heavy duty reinforcements - a good friend of ours with a humongous monster truck. (This thing really is huge!)

So that's what breakup is. : )

OurLilFullFam said...

I did not know what break-up was either (I was thinking it was something you did manually before you fill it in)

You look lovely! I am glad you are resting as you can - I know you have to laugh at bedrest with toddlers around :))

Praying you make it another 7 weeks and can enjoy your family activities coming up!

Stephanie

Momma Bug said...

You look beautiful - just glowing Lauren!
Breakup is in progress now here, and the road is AWESOME! Yeah. Our midwife will come check out where we live next week, but I'm glad to know she is insurance, because I would be nervous driving into the mountain boonies during breakup!
Actually she's a 35 year veteran of North Idaho and beyond, so I'm not worried. I CAN tell you, that driving up and down the road a few times recently assured me that I'm not willingly stepping into a vehicle to drive down that 6 miles of fun if I'm in labor - no thanks!
Say...
AJ wants to take me to Alaska this Summer maybe. I might have to find out if you and Tait are up for a hello!
That could be pretty cool:-)
I'm glad you posted some pictures and an update. I look forward to hearing that your Tiny has arrived safe and sound.
Love!
~Analene

Unknown said...

So glad to hear all is going well! Praise the Lord! Love the pictures, much better than mine were! lol Thanks for sharing. :0)

The Zimmerman Family said...

Ya'll are so sweet! : )

Analene - Tait and I are always up for a hello!!! Definitely let us know if and when you'll be up here! We would absolutely love too meet ya'll in person! If you ever want to leave me a comment with contact information if your plans get further along, go ahead! I won't publish it.... :D

Blessings to all of you, and thank you for your continued prayers!

~Lauren

WesLea And Company said...

Aww, so cute! It is nice to have help nearby isn't it? It's so odd that there is snow up there while it's so hot down here! Yesterday the Morton girls told me it's supposed to get up to a 100 next week! Cheers, and try to keep baby inside as long as possible, lol!
In Christ,
Rachel

Madeline said...

I'm convinced that pregnant ladies are the most beautiful people! You and your baby are so beautiful you radiate the love of Jesus in your face!
~Madeline
www.flameinthedarkness.com

Anonymous said...

Hey if I calculated correct you should be almost 37 weeks! How is baby coming? Hope all is well for you!
Ami