Sunday, June 5, 2011

The First Day: Report

The first morning on my own with the three boys was wonderful! It was so special to be in my own home with my little boys again!

I didn't end up getting quite as much done as I'd planned (surprise, surprise!), but it was a productive day just the same. : ) By the time Tait got back home at 1:00, several loads of laundry were done, the baby was fed, the boys had had lunch, Tait's lunch was waiting for him on the counter, and the two older boys were bathed. Nothing was broken, and only two glasses of water were spilled. :D Then the boys took their naps, I cleaned up the rest of the house and worked on a few other things, had dinner ready by 5:30, and Tait and I worked on some ministry projects after the boys went to bed that evening.

I know every day definitely won't go that smoothly, but it was a nice start to this season of life with three little guys!

About 6 months before Matthew came, I finally felt, for the first time since Tait and I got married, that I could take care of our home and family the way I really wanted to. I could get dinner on the table by 6, keep things neat and clean, help Tait with real estate and our ministry projects, and still have time to complete other projects like filing papers and such. It was a nice feeling. : )

Of course, Matthew just came along, and adding a new baby to the mix complicates things just slightly. I look forward to the challenge, and am confident that, by God's grace, I'll be the best wife and helpmeet to my husband and mother to my three sons that I can be!

My four guys

3 comments:

Helen Joy said...

Oh Lauren, I feel like once I get that feeling of "ok this is what I want to be like", something comes along and makes it more of a challenge:-) You have such a sweet spirit about things. I'm so happy your first day with the three of them was so wonderfully!

Rebecca said...

What an encouraging post and a wonderful picture. You, Lauren are one of those people I can't wait to meet in real life. :-)

Carrie Smyth said...

Thanks for sharing how God is blessing. Praise Him! Looking forward to the next time we all get together. Blessings.