Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Outwitting Future Regrets," by Momma Bug

Analene, over at Momma Bug's Blog, just kindly reminded me in her post today what a blessing these children are. She tells a humorous and witty story of their lunch at a deli with 7 little ones, and shares one old man's biggest regret.

Click on over to Momma Bug's Blog for the whole story!

And to think how many people told me today, on my first shopping trip alone with three little ones 2 and under, "Wow! Two was all I could handle!" Really and truly, it's all worth it.

(Just don't desert our blog for hers;
Analene is a much better blogger than I am. :D)

1 comment:

Momma Bug said...

I humbly say Thank you Lauren:-)

You know, you are in the most exhausting season of mothering right now (and maybe for the next five years or so) even if you make it to 12 or 15 children ;-)
I don't say it's not rather bewildering at this point in the journey, but I have some really good help now. I don't know how I did those shopping trips without another cart-pusher!

As to the blog, hm... again, thank you a bunch.
I've been having a rough week, seeing my weakness and feeling like I fail in too many important areas.
Last night I read through my entire label "Tickling the Funny Bone" and I laughed and laughed!
Oh how good a balm for the spirit was reading all those funny moments and wonderful things the kids have said or done!
I was inspired to keep writing those lighter moments because one day I want my children to read my blog and appreciate how much I enjoyed them - even in the midst of the hair-raising years. Ha!

Keep looking at the lovely and remind yourself of all the things you already know are true, because some days it's hard to remember.

Love to you friend!
-Analene